The PhotoEditor SDK for Android provides tools for creating high fidelity photo editing applications with a big variety of filters that can be previewed in high quality and real time. Unlike other Android apps, the PhotoEditor Android SDK allows a fast live preview of filters even when using high-resolution images up to the hardware limitations. It is written in high-level Java with Renderscript and allows for easy customization with your own XML based Layouts, Styles and Drawables.
License TermsMake sure you have a commercial license before releasing your app. A commercial license is required for any app or service that has any form of monetization: This includes free apps with in-app purchases or ad-supported applications as well. Please contact us if you'd like to purchase the commercial license.
- Android API Level 16+. Covers nearly 95% of all Android devices.
- Default UI for camera preview and editing. Based on Intents and Activities.
- Fast image export up to 4294 Megapixels. Even with large images and slow devices with low memory, the export is done in an adequate time with an intelligent unrivaled background processing technology.
- Generic camera support. Integrated and featureful on most Android phones.
- Crop, Rotate, Stickers, Text Placement, and Colorize. All essential photo editing functions wrapped into a simple, beautiful and customizable UI.
- 57 Stunning filters which are builtin and work out of the box.
- No native code. Our backend is Renderscript based with high-level OpenGL support, therefore we dodge all the nasty native library problems other frameworks face.
- Tablet support. Works great on tablets.
- Photoshop LUT. Design color filters in Photoshop! With this feature, it is possible to generate LUT (Look Up Table) color filters easily from different photo editing tools. Export and integrate them in minutes!
- Live Preview. Filters can be previewed in high quality at realtime.
- Low memory footprint even with high-resolution images.
- Extensible and customizable toolset interface. Add your own customized filters with Renderscript and modify tool properties yourself.
The PhotoEditor SDK for Android is structured into three main components:
The SDKs backend takes care of all image processing and rendering. This includes live filters, any adjustments made by the user and the final image export. All image modifications, that have currently been applied to the image, are stored in a model and then used to determine if a new rendering pass is necessary. The processing engine is able to handle high-resolution images and may be extended with more filters and other assets.
The UI package holds all classes needed to create the editors UI. These are constructed around the two main activities, which act as the root building blocks for all our UI. Each tool’s user interface is implemented in its corresponding panel and is responsible for displaying the specific UI elements on the screen. You can adjust and tweak the UI to match your needs, by disabling specific elements or changing colors and styles, as described in our configuration and styling sections.
All camera functionality is wrapped into a separate package to ensure a clean API.